Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Horror Movie Feel

Survival Guide to a Slasher Movie

Like what you see? That's a page from Joey Rodriguez' adult one-shot comic: Survival Guide to a Slasher Movie. This guy is a huge fan of horror movies, specially the classic 70's stuff. Let me tell you, I read this comic and it's a treat. You'll get some of the best art Joey's done while his character, Goat Boy, gives you the 411 on horror movies rules. Uncensored and relentless, this comic is a must have for all you horror fans. Stay tuned for the official release date to be announced right here!

Staying on the Horror Topic for a Bit More...

It's horror movie season already and this year's slashers are already here. Here's a list of some of the stuff already out or soon to be released:

Orphan
Halloween 2
Pandorum
The Final Destination
Sorority Row
Jennifer's Body
and of course... Saw VI

Looking forward to watching Saw VI in October with my girlfriend (she's a huge Saw fan). Hell, even the bad ones are going to be horrific for someone out there.

I remember as a kid sneaking in the theater to watch the Exorcist 3. That freaky Christ statue bleeding through the eyes and walking in the hospital corridor freaked me out in my dreams for a long time. It's a little embarrasing now that I've seen it as an adult, but back then, that was just too traumatic for me.

Yeah, I know, I'm a wimp.

Submissions are Open!

Before I go, quick reminder: If you go to to our website http://www.razorbladeapple.com/ and click on The Studio tab, you'll find our brief submission guidelines. If you're an artist and you think you got the chops, just follow the instructions and we'll check your stuff out. For writers, it's kinda hard to find the time to sit down and read a script, so I recommend to find an artist and submit original finished work.

Who knows? You may actually be the talent we're looking for, so give us a holler.

- El Angel

1 comment: