Tuesday, October 20, 2009

APE Complete with Guillermo Martinez!

Guillermo Martinez takes San Francisco!
One of the things that never stops to amaze me is that every time I work on a project with Guillermo Martinez I never know how the project will actually look until it's done. With all other artists I can generally imagine what they'll do with my scripts, but not with him. Case in point: When Guillermo told me he would draw himself and me in the cover to You Complete Me, I thought we'd scare people away. But he made us look so adorable! My point is that because of Guillermo's different view of the world, he lets me cut loose and experiment with the stories I give him. Guillermo's mind is something else. Sometimes I wonder if he hit his head with a rock when he was a kid.

Guillermo's first convention is Alternative Press Expo (APE) in San Francisco and we couldn't be more proud of him. Enjoy the pics.
Guillermo Martinez would like you to know that You Complete Me is not for young readers. Even though many girls may like the cute cover and pretty pictures, the topics explored are adult themes. The comic IS mostly written by Angel Fuentes after all. However, the artist promises he will attend WonderCon next year with a product for all ages (not written by Angel Fuentes).
The secret is in the sock. No, really.

Look at that pretty banner printed by Efrain Morales!

Is that Monster Child artist Yamil Medina? Why Yes it is!

"You want some of this, bitch?"

No comments:

Post a Comment